About the Department
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established right from the inception of the institution in the year 2009. The department emphasizes imparting quality education, rigorous teaching-learning, hands-on expertise and helping students to shape their all-round personality. The department, with its strong pool of dedicated faculty, well-developed laboratories, latest software and hardware facilities, contributes the students to develop life-long learning skills and generates high professional ethics along with public awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory
- Control Systems Laboratory
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Power System Simulation Laboratory
Hosting National Level Symposiums is the part of the association activity. Under the banner of “TECHMANDRA“ national level technical symposiums are conducted in each academic year. Technical lectures, workshops, seminars and conferences are organized by the department and experts from industries and institutes are invited to interact with the students in order to bridge the gap between syllabi and current developments. Also, the association regularly organizes industrial visits to enhance the students practical skill in the emerging areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and to have a pro-active interaction and experience with R&D Institutions viz IISc, CPRI, Bangalore; ABB, Bangalore, BHEL, Trichy, SAIL, Salem, NLC, Neyveli and so on.
- One of our students has secured 18th Rank in the Anna University Examinations in the academic year 2014-15.
- The department has received various grants from private, state and central government agencies. Among the grants received, two grants were sanctioned by a Central government grant agency “Council of Scientific and Industrial Research”(CSIR), New Delhi, for conducting a workshop on “Intelligent Controlled Power Electronic Converters” and for conducting a seminar on “Integration of Distributed Power Generation Systems”.
- One of our department students has won a PC Tablet worth of Rs.40, 000/- in INTEL APPS 4 INDIA contest held at Bangalore.
- One of our department students has received project financial aid of 200USD from “Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge Contest 2015”.
- One of our department students has won first place in the Women’s Badminton at Zone-8 Colleges of Anna University.
The department is also actively engaged in research & consultancy works and has been in the forefront of setting research labs on a par with reputed Institutions. Almost 60% of the faculty are pursuing their Ph.D in their respective areas. To add a feather to the cap of research contributions, our faculty members have published 16 papers in various National, International Conferences and Journals.