About the Department
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started during the year 2009 for providing purposeful, goal oriented technical education and to establish a center of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department has experienced faculty who dedicatedly work to provide students with an academic environment, awareness of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and life-long learning needed for a successful professional career. It offers premier professional training with an eye on the modern developments in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M.E. VLSI Design
The lab facilities and the infrastructure are regularly upgraded, well maintained and developed as per international standard.
- Electronic Circuits Lab
- Digital Laboratory
- Linear Integrated Circuits lab
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Communication Lab
- Optical and Microwave Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Computer Networking Lab
- VLSI lab
- Electronic System Design Lab
PEACE (Pavai Enlightening Association of Communication Engineers) was established in the year 2010. The intention of PEACE is to conduct various programmes in addition to the teaching learning process, such as Personality Development Programme, Entrepreneur Development programme, Faculty Development Programme and Career Oriented Programmes like VLSI and Embedded Systems.
Further, the PEACE conducts a series of Guest Lectures by experts drawn from the industry and academic circles on related topics to augment the classroom lectures. Through PEACE, the students take active part in organizing various Symposiums, Workshops, Project-Expos and various other events and also it acts as a pathway for our students to interact with the students of other various institutions.
- Our Department has produced 6 university ranks in the last two years.
|Dhivya Bharathi S
|Nagendra M R
- In the Texas Instruments Challenge Contest 2015, out of 20250 teams of all the Engineering Colleges in India, 2500 teams were selected. Among them, 5 teams from our department were selected for the quarter finals and received USD 150 and one project was selected for the semifinal round and was awarded with USD200.
- One of our students was selected for a 6 month Internship in TIFAC, New Delhi, as one among the seven out of 50,000 students.
- One of our students was selected for Internship from FOSSEE (Free & Open Source Software for Education), IIT Bombay and was awarded with a stipend of Rs.10000.
- 4 of our students were selected for internship from General Electric, Bangalore.
- One of our students has participated in Intel Idea Contest and won PC tab worth of Rs.40,000/-.
- 4 of our students were selected as the Microsoft Student partners.
- Project proposal “Tejas EEG Data Acquisition System” worth of Rs.7.50 lakhs has been accepted for the Third level of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Our Department maintains a consistent record of 80% Placement.
- Our Students have received the best project award and best paper award in various symposiums and conferences from various reputed institutions.
- The project done by our students titled “Power Generation and wireless monitoring system for wastages in Trash can” has won 13 first prize and 7 second prize and the paper has grabbed the best paper award in various reputed institutions.
- Our students have achieved various trophies in State level and Zonal level for various sports events like Cricket, Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Kabaddi, Ball Badminton and Tennis.
- All the faculty members are fluent in English and they have received the Business English Certificate from Cambridge University, London.
All the faculty members are highly qualified and they continuously carry out research on latest technologies and regularly publish a number of research papers in reputed International Journals and Conferences. They have published their papers in 36 national conferences, 11 international conferences, 12 national journals and 13 international journals.