About the Department
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009 for providing purposeful, goal oriented technical education and to establish a center of excellence in the field of Civil Engineering. The department has experienced faculty who work with total involvement to provide students with an academic environment, awareness of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and life-long learning needed for a successful professional career. The department is also very active in conducting conferences, workshops, short term seminars etc.
The lab facilities and the infrastructure are regularly upgraded, well maintained and developed as per international standard.
- Survey Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Concrete & Highway Lab
- AutoCAD Lab
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Society of Civil Engineers was established in the year 2010. The intention of the Society of Civil Engineers is to conduct various programmes in addition to the teaching learning process such as Personality Development Programme, Entrepreneur Development programme, Faculty Development Programme and Career Oriented Programmes like concrete technology and construction management.
- Further, the Society of Civil Engineers conducts a series of Guest Lectures by experts drawn from the industry and academic circles on related topics to augment the classroom lectures. Through the Society of Civil Engineers, the students take active part in organizing various Symposiums, Workshops, Project-Expos and various other events and also it acts as a pathway for our students to interact with the students of other institutions.
- Our Department has produced 5 university ranks in the last two years.
- List of Rank Holders:
|Name of Students
- Our Department maintains a consistent record of 80% Placement.
- Our Students have received the best project and best paper award in various symposiums and conferences from various reputed institutions.
- Our students have achieved various trophies in State level and Zonal level sport events like Cricket, Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Kabaddi, Ball Badminton and Tennis.
- All the faculty members have received Business English Certificate from Cambridge University, London.
All the faculty members are highly qualified. They enrich their knowledge through their latest technologies and regularly publish a number of research papers in reputed National and International Journals. They have exhibited their technical talents and knowledge by publishing papers in 30 National Conferences, 15 International Conferences, 13 National Journals and 11 International Journals.